Stiff & Tough
PLASTRON materials provides both stiffness and toughness simultaneously with no trade off, enabling more possible metal replacement.
Long fibers in the pellet form
PLASTRON is manufactured in long pellet form and fibers are continuous, parallel, equal to the pellet length. Long fibers in the molded parts makes 3-dimentional network in the molded parts, and distributed even to the small section.
Wide grade range of PLASTRON
Wide range of PLASTRON grades offers best solution for your design.
|Glass Fiber||Carbon Fiber||Stainless Fiber||Aramid Fiber|
|Feature||Mechanical||Mechanical &EMI||EMI & ESD||Low ware|
Advantage of PLASTRON
- High impact strength
- PLASTRON has the impact strength of 3-5 times that of the short fiber compound.
- High stiffness
- High fiber content.
- Excellent creep performance
- Excellent creep performance even at high temperature.
- High temperature
- Stable mechanical performance from low to high temperature. High stiffnes at high temp and high impact even at low temp.
- Dimension stability
- Improved dimension stability, low warpage and CLTE.
- Low ware
- Good surface finish forcosmetic and low ware.
Very high stiffness
Glass fiber content up to 60% and carbon fiber 40% possible.Highest Flexual modulus than any themoplastic compounds.
Very high impact strength
PLASTRON performs very high impact strength even high fiber content.
Stable strengh against temperature
Stiff at high temperature and tough even at very lowtemperature
Long term creep performance
In addition to the high rigidity and dart impact resistance, PLASTRON also has great advantage in long term performance.
Long fiber is effective to dimension stability by improving warpage when molding.